Professional

Professional

Monday, February 7, 2011

Jungle Fever

Some say we never know who we going to be with in life, or how long until it just happens. That is a true statement in my opinion, that's why I don't discriminate on anything when it come to women. I don't care how old you are, what color you are, short or tall, skinny are fat, wait, no take that last one back ha. But everybody different we tend to know what we want in a significant other so that what we tend to see. What's very rare to see is black women being in a relationship with a white man. Wait a minute I know what you may be think, Why it always have to be black and white right? Well if you know me, you probably know that I really really dislike going racial when I write, sadly racism is still a BIG deal in our world, and in this city. I have been a lot of places and seen a lot things, for reason that I won't get into, my nightlife consist of, what people would call mixed crowed spots, I never heard of a black girl being with a white man until I started hanging in mixed crowd atmospheres. I always wonder about 2 things, Why people frown upon any interracial relationships? and as far as black girl with white guys, on rare occasion Why do it completely changes who you are? For what it's worth, concerning my 1st wondering about this, make no mistake I have nothing against interracial dating. Hell the girl I have probably love the most and my young lifetime, and even though a long term future with, was a white woman. Why it didn't work? Different story for a different day. I honestly lost a few so-called "friends" because of this, I mean like won't speak to me to this day because it, and I just wonder why? It never the guys, it the black women that usually have a problem with it, and you never get a quality answer, if there is a such thing. Can someone tell me why that is, why do black women get so upset, or offended by this? As far as my 2nd wonder, I want it to be known that I support black women dating white guys 110%, I have absolutely no problem with. To be honest, I wish I could introduce some of the good black women I know, to some of my white friends. Oh, please don't look like that! Call it what you want, say I shit'd on all black men across the world, call me a racist against my own race, a sexist, call it what you want, black men especially in my generation, you deserve that, you earned it. There are white women that discriminate against good black men, because of the things you do, which is a part of why I'm writing this, so that's a gift from me to you. Yes I said it, you heard/read it correctly, and I mean it. To get back on topic, I do have one problem with this, why is it that you women dating white man feels like you have to be two different people, and more importantly why do you discriminate on all black men, and automatically frown upon them because of what, maybe the one you had a past with, did. Everybody probably never had the opportunity to see a black girl that in a relationship with a white guy, because it is rare.Among married black women, one in 35 has a white husband. But among married white men less than 1 in 400 has a black wife. Before I go to far off the depend, the real thing I wonder and when I see this, and the question I ask myself is, Why can't we all be looked at equally, why can't we all have a fair, fresh start at anybody we may want to approach, or that want to approach us no matter color, or age? That's a question that I know been ask a million times. Well I come to you with a challenge today. From this day on, let's try to stop judging folks before we even get their name, let's stop the stereotypes, just cause a person looks different, dress different, talk different don't make them a bad person. I know this is difficult to do, because your whole life you been doing it, but I ask that you at least try, you never know who'll you meet if you just talk to somebody, it don't mean at the end of the day it has to be somebody you start to put in your future plan, that not expected at all! But you never know, you might make a new friend that shakes your life up in a good way, present an opportunity to you that will advance or help you jump start a career, they may know somebody, that know somebody that can have this effect on your life. To judge and stereotype people you never get the chance to even know their name, not only is it bad, but you also run the risk of chasing some of the most beautiful people inside and out, away.

John G. Dunn II
jgdunn.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%.Honestly I don't care about race at all, but I do have friends and family who has never dated outside of their race. But anyway my name is Sa'Mone and I seen you mention this site a few times on Okcupid. I really like it and I value your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks! I appreciate the support. Truth is different people have different values, especially when it comes to relationship.

    ReplyDelete