Professional

Professional

Friday, January 29, 2010

A Heart In Multiple Places

I had somebody ask me, "What do you do when your heart is in two different places?" I told that somebody to go get that Usher CD Here I Stand and listen to Track # 4 Lol. On a more serious note this is a situation that all single people face at one point in time or another. Most likely, when your single you have more than one person that your attracted to and vice versa so we find ourselves in the situation more times then not. In my opinion I think it best to be honest not only with yourself, but also with the people you have strong feelings for no matter how many it is. I think it's best to let everything take it's course, don't force anything. It is important to take it slow, allow each person to get to know you, the real you. I think what a lot people do in these situation is try to be pimps, players, and all that other mess society got us thinking is cool. That not only hurts you, but it also hurt the people in which you are talking to. What we shouldn't do is mis-lead anybody. What I mean by this is be too aggressive, telling them what they want to hear, trying to go for the gold too fast, or hit a homerun on the first pitch. Put away all the young people stuff like, spitting/having game, playing games, using people just to get what you want or what you can out of them. I think it important to stress the fact that we shouldn't punish people for liking us. I personally have been in some situations where I liked a person and I let that be known. Some people, for some reason thinks because someone likes them, that person suppose to do as they say when they say, give them what they want when they want it to show how much they really like them. If that person don't obey or do these things, then they question if you really like them or not. This is not only wrong, but it is also unfair to the person who likes you. I can say with me, when I face this situation I grew to dislike the person a lot more then how much I liked them. I know a lot of what you reading is telling you what not to do, reason being is that i'm no relationship therpist, expert or nothing like that, all I can say is that in my opinion I think the best thing we can do in that situation is just be honest with all the people that you have a strong liking for. Be up front with them, make sure you and each individual has a clear understand of what kind of relationship/friendship ya'll have that way there is no confusion, and it cancel out the chances of the situation getting too complicated. As far as how to go about the multiple situation or relationships/friendships, it true you can't control who you like. With that said, I think patients is the most important thing. Be patient with your situation, let everything takes it course and hopefully you'll figure out the one that likes you must, and the one person that you likes most and go from there. These situations are tuff for all. They never really ends all good, somebody is bound to have hurt feelings at the end of the day. There is a way to lighten the pain one will have to endure, and thats by making sure that everyone involved in the situation has a CLEAR understand of whats going on, and also is not to lead to believe something thats not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment