Professional

Professional

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020



 I just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and to you all Happy Thanksgiving. I'm sure i'm not breaking any news or anything, but man has 2020 been a weird and maga shitty year. Nothing seems right, nothing feels normal, 'the most wonderful time of the year', outside the weather, doesn't actually feel like 'the most wonderful time of the year'. Instead I'll argue so much of what's happened and currently happening around feels so apocalyptic. Covid has practically turned life into a simulations, the social injustice and unrest is at, what i hope to be it's peak, and just so happen it's 2020 which made for one of, if not thee, most hectic in chaotic election ever. I can go on, and on about the shit storm that is 2020 but it's thanksgiving and giving all the shit, there's still a TON we all have to be thankful for.


I want to magnify and highlight a word for this Thanksgiving holiday, really this entire holiday season that we are coming into. That word is GRACE. I think Grace should be the word to carry us through to the End of 2020. According to merriam-webster the definition of Grace is the unmerited divine assistance given to human for their regeneration or sanctification. Grace can also be a virtue from god, it can mean a lot of things, and can vary according to each individual. For me, its pretty simply, Grace is loving, helping, and giving to one another no matter your race, age, sex, or even affiliation with one another. Grace is THANKSGIVING, I also believe it the only way in which we should cross the finish line of 2020 and head into 2021, and what better way to start that now, post the chaos that was this past election. 


I don't always like to do it, but it's just becoming part of my nature. I have to go full self-help on your asses. In all seriousness though, I understand that Thanksgiving 2020 is not going to be the same, it can't be, I also know for all of us it will not feel the same. Rather your a believer of the virus or not, rather practice safety measure or not, rather you have your big family gathering or not, we cannot defy or minds, or deny the time in which we are currently living in, Covid lives in our heads and at the forefront of our minds regardless where you stand on it. However, there is still so much in our lives that we have to be grateful, GRACEful and thankful for. The fact that you are reading this for starter, your mere existence  here in this crazy world when over 250,000 has succumb in this country alone to the virus. I have lost 2 friends in 2020(not to covid), one as recently as a week ago, and my Dog who was with me since I was 18, she went about 2 weeks ago. So, yeah 2020 has suck majorly in many ways, but it's also has provided me with so many more things to give thanks for, hell I could take up your entire day running off one by one the things I'm thankful for and why, IN 2020. So today my friends, just give thanks, ride the cloud of grace, express love in which ever way possible to everyone you come across today, If your thanksgiving is spent with your family over Facetime, or Zoom show love, if you are getting together with your family give love. Today is a day I want you to take a break from all the stress and repression that 2020 and just keep Grace and gratitude in your hearts and heads and let it led every action you take today, every thought you have today, allow it to lead your day. I mean you might as well because, what's a better alternative? I love you all, I'm very thankful and grateful for your time you give in exploring my mind and thoughts. I am wishing you and all of your loved ones a very very Happy Thanksgiving, Remember Stay IN Peace, NOT in Pieces.



(Thoughts Love and Prayers especially for the families of Joe Orozco, and Tyrone Jabin)          

No comments:

Post a Comment