Professional

Professional

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Father's Intuition

How you came about wasn't the best story in my life.
Now that you here, boy you better believe I love you with all my might.
Liam, I want you to know how bad my heart hurts for you kid.
I try to hear out people that know what I feel and how I feel, when they constantly tell your dad, it's going to be all right.
But throughout my entire life and all trials and tribulations this is by far been the hardest fight.

This fight that consist of me myself and I, against me myself and I.
A fight disadvantage when your mom decide to sneak her blows in like a sharp knife.
A fight that, more than ever before, make me bust out and cry.
Although there is a sense of fear, a sense of doubt, this towel, I'll never throw in.
A fight that brought about the biggest scare of my life, in saying goodbye.
Even bigger than being in a fire, or in that fire when my air tank ran out of PSI.

You literally possess the smile that can brighten up a strangers day
A gift from God, A blessing that was given to me.
How could I not thank God for you, Every time I pray.
At this rate, there no telling what the future hold, the visions I had are now hard to see.
Regardless what may happen, I pray God's love will never leave you ah stray.

Liam, the game of life can be so crazy.
I wish for you to grow up so fast, only so I can have the time to teach you.
Time, which is what I feel is limited for us, slipping through my palms, for multiple reason.
The situation with me and your mom, that hope you grow one day to see from your own point of view.
Regardless what she say, always know that my life, I'll lay it on the line for you.

Nobody could ever feel the love I feel for you
My love for you is as common as the sky is blue
The thought of not being there and holding you, What would I do?
Time has flown by and, I cherish every moment with you, can't help but wish I had 2.
I never want you to understand or experience the shit I go through.

I pray for the day you get older, and grow into your own person and see things for yourself.
I promise to teach you everything you want to learn, need to know.
I promise to continue to love you unconditional, more than life itself.
I promise to never use materials to define myself as a parent, and be someone to you can always go.

I feel so bad sometimes, I hurt so much
I'm so fed up with all the bullshit that at times I'm willing to give you up
You'll never understand how deep inside of me I have to dig and the pain that's in my gut
Your not even a year and half, and feel like I been to hell in back
But I'm here Liam, for the long run never ever giving up and that ah fact!

John G. Dunn II

No comments:

Post a Comment