Professional

Professional

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The End Of A Fire Hero

Very confused, don't know what to think or do. Many years ago, I was just a kid with a dream. Things change, as time flew the only thing remain constant was my dream, and the will to make it come true, grew. I eventually became a man and learned that things in the fire service, as kid, wasn't as they seemed. Who would have knew, as a kid, all the things this damn dream would put me through. A service in which holds a different truth. A service that manipulates and mislead are youth. They look at us as these super human, amazing heroes. Too young to realize that, that's only a half truth. Behind the badge, the title, some of us is nothing but another zero. Ever chance we get, we have to make it clear that we're better than you. A earned brotherhood is what they say I live it, surrounded by it every single day. The same brothers you love, that you would risk it all for Can be-little you, judge you so bad to the point you just want to runaway. I speak with an anger, bitter heart that I've continuously ignored. Biting my tongue, holding back everything my heart want to say. I stand here today working this pin in my hand. Facing the reality that I will probably have the opportunity to fight fire again. Is this the reason I'm coming out giving dirt on the service? I guess you can say so. I saw it more as an opportunity to get some old things off my chest, in the efforts of letting go. I look at it like, I been married to the fire service 18 years In that time I've faced a lot of fears, meet some of my greatest peers, but now I just shed a lot of tears. I fought with a broken heart that I couldn't mend, I gave it all my might. Today, not only do this dream end, I have officially lost this fight! I now possess a life that will forever be incomplete From this day, til the end I will suffer in my own defeat! John G. Dunn II jgdunn.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment