Professional

Professional

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Black Still the Most Hate'd Race???

What is racism??? Racism has existed throughout human history. It may be defined as the hatred of one person by another, or the belief that another person is less than human, because of skin color, language, customs, place of birth or any factor that supposedly reveals the basic nature of that person. It has influenced wars, slavery, the formation of nations, and legal codes. This post may come off as a little raciest or whatever, you may hear me say black and white a lot. I think it's important to let everybody that may read this know, that i'm am not a raciest, not even close. I have more white friends and associates outside of family then I do black, some of my closest friends and associates are white. This post comes from just some of the things I experience in everyday life when it comes to the black and white thing. I'm one of the people that just wish this racism thing will go away completely! The chance of that happen is zero to none unfortunately, I don't necessarily feel the effects of it ever, and it's not as bad as it used to be of course, at least not here where I live. Maybe down south or some of the more commonly know places for racism still deals with this issue more than here, unfortunately there are racist people still out here black and white. Being an african-american once again I'm never really faced with racism some say it cause I'm light skinned ha ha. So, why I'm I writing this??? The reason is not really because of a raciest experience or incident, the reason behind writing this post is more because of what I think is Judge mental people sterotype's but we all know that racism is included in that. Rather you want to believe it or not, it pretty known that blacks are judge or sterotype'd (if that makes any sense) when it come to being in white environments. If I can be honest for ah second, and you actually open your eyes and be honest with yourself, we blacks bring it upon ourselves, that's as a race, not individuals. Homicide rates??? What percentage blacks make of that? Crime it self what percentage do we make of the crime rate?? I'm not sure the exact # but i'm sure it pretty high. Just think about our night life? We go out not to have fun anymore, but to find drama. I go to a lot different bars and clubs every week. Bars and clubs that made up of mostly blacks, and one's that crowd is mostly white. The chance of me seeing some kind of fight, or drama in one of the black bars/clubs is very high, the chance of that and a bar/club with mostly white crowds? Not likely. The bars/clubs that's black owned or hold black ran party is ran wrong, I think we all know about the guy that was shot dead inside the famous Club Ritz. Why did they shut Annie's down??? Because two people was shot at the last party they had, one them guys died. Those are just a few examples of the kind of things you have a chance to run into going to the bars/club that black ran or owned. I understand that most of that drama starts outside the clubs, the club is just the meeting point for the people thats feuding. I can't remember the last time I party with mostly blacks it has not been at least 1 fight. Look, don't get it twisted or don't get me wrong, shit happens in white bars/clubs too, the biggest difference between the two is you don't have to worry about the chances of somebody losing their life after the club let's out because of the fight or altercation that went on inside. Why is this??? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm not even gone throw out some of the reason I've came up with, bottom line is it's just two different atmospheres. Get mad if you want! White bars/clubs are all about having a good times, you go to these places and everybody going for the same reason, simply to have a good time. Black bars/clubs, some go to have a good time, but most go to look for drama, to show off, or to try and win the unofficial fashion show, they don't even go for the girls anymore in my opinion. Club Ritz open back up under a new alias "Club Aqua". I say alias because even though the name changed, the people that come won't, the rules won't, the atmosphere won't and most importantly the things that take place there won't. How many times has the Ritz been threating to be shut down??? I stopped counting. The crazy thing that most people probably don't know, is Club Ritz is white owned but it ran by a black man. When the Ritz shut down, it wasn't many places for blacks to go party, so they started to come to the white bars/club. This is where the sterotyping and judging comes into play. As blacks started to come to white owned or ran bars/clubs, people we're getting turned away, usually for dress codes or at least that's why they said they we're turning them away. Dress codes do be strict in certain places, but some places I been going to since I been 21 and never knew they had dress codes until my older brother decide to come with me that's why you believe sometimes it more than just a person clothes. You go out with celebraties, or people that well known in the city and get in with whatever you want to get in with, why? Cause they rich? So what, rules should apply for all. I dress a lil different then my brother, my attire would be what's consider white boy dressing in my race, and that's why I probably rarely get turned away when I go out, my brother on the other hand is a guy that's really a stand up guy. He's never been in trouble with the law, has a legit job, and really handle and carry his self like the grown man he is, but because he dress as what known or called as "thugish" in the white community or scene, he get judged, and frowned upon. As my brother would say, "I am who I am, I don't have to change the way I dress to get in your bar/club.". That being true, some places I try to take him we can never go, and I would never try to get him to change the way he dress, just to get in a specific bar or club we just have to go somewhere else. Then you have the part of meeting people, are to be more specific talking to the white girls. For me, according to some my family members that hang out with me and some my friends, it's not a problem for me, why?? They say also cause I'm light skinned ha ha or a white boy in dark skinned, I won't even get into all the things I been called. To get back on topic, people like my brother are also frowned upon by white women, usually for the same reason the bars/clubs do it. They see the appearance and automatically, judge or think of you as, what they see on the news, or hear about, you know where I'm going with this. Understand that I'm not much different, I may have a little better luck, but I get rejected without a chance a lot myself. It's kind of unfair that we get shoot down before even getting to introduce ourselves but it is what it is, not much you can really do about it but don't take it personal and just move on. I never will understand why, but it really gets under my brother skin, I mean you can just tell it do, without even asking or hearing him say it. Many wonder why do this happen when it comes to blacks trying to talk to whites. Once again your guess is as good as mines. We all have our different opinions and reason why we think it goes on. In my opinion, I just believe, for some it's just not their comforter zone. Nobody really like leaving their comfort zone when it comes to certain things, also I believe the dress apparel sometimes do scare them off, and you can't forget the fact that some we're raised to not talk to blacks. As sad as that is, it's true. Them are just a couple examples of the point i'm trying to make here, though they might not be the best examples, I can only speak on my experiences and that's where I experience this the most. As a black man, I have been in some of the most uncomfortable situations, I'm the guy that did 20 plus week in a firefighter program, that out of 40+ people, I was the only african-american student. Make no mistake, I never had no racial incident during that training time, and some them guys are my bestest friends now, the point is I have been in some really uncomfortable situations. Look, racism is out there, it's here to never completely go away. As african-americans will we forever encounter problems with this no matter where we go. Rather it be in the neighborhood where we live, the workplace, or just out in public it will forever back a cloud that floats above us, we don't like it, it's not fair, but we have to deal with it. Dealing with it can be a lot easier than you may think. The best way to deal with it is simply ignore it. Ignoring it may seem hard to do, but it's really not. If your life is not been jeopardized, there no reason you can't ignore it. To ignore it, is to overcome it, to overcome it, is to rise above it, to rise above it, is to conquer it, to conquer it is to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment