Professional

Professional

Monday, February 28, 2011

Who Really Deserve The Credit, Of A Child Growing Into A Good Person?

I'm sure we all heard somebody tell a parent "you raised a good son/daughter." It usually comes at a time where this person has formally meet you, maybe had one or two conversations with you, and more times than not, it's usually a compliment directed to the parent, but is the parent always the one who deserves the credit? The person giving the compliment, most the time don't know that much about your life, or your upbringing. They don't know if you was raised by a grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, or stranger. This post just come from a random thought, I hear this ol saying a lot, even been referring to me in some cases, but after I say thank you, or see someone say thank you I can't help but to think; "they don't know me.", or "who do I relay your message too, if it make no sense to tell it to my parents?". We learn so much from our parents in the most important years of our life, but at the same time we learn just as much, if not more, on our own. Now days, so much influence us as people, so much other than our parents. Inside my heart, I feel I been on my own since I was about 16 yrs old. Father wasn't there, older brother had his own life to live, baby brother was just that, my baby brother, mama got fed up and gave up. I never complain though because I know without a doubt in my mind, that the last 6 years in my life has shaped me into the man I am today, SO MUCH more than the 16 previous years. I'm still a fairly young guy at 22, so I'm continuing to learn, and develop into a better person each day. The first 16 yrs was like a starting point I guess, can't remember much of it, but we all have to start somewhere. I'm a completely different person now then I was at 16, and 18, hell even 20 for that matter. You'll be reading all night if I had put down every experience in my life that really turned me around, but I'm proud to say that I'm happy with who I am as a 22 year old man. While everybody try to stop aging process, stop the birthdays from coming, me on the other hand, I'm just as anxious for the next one as I was for the previous, because I know it mean a year older means a better ME. In a world that's so screwed up and every which way, good people are rare to come by now days. Now days we live in a world where it's every person for themselves. So sad that there is no such thing as family anymore, good human beings that genuinely care for the next person. What about the foster kids??? People only take these kids in, to get a check. They don't take them in to raise them, teach em right from wrong, morals, integrity and good characteristic. If they did they wouldn't kick these kids out on their asses once 18 come around, and the checks stop showing up in the mail. There is many biological parents that, for some reason, think being a parent stops once a child hit 18, sad but true in so many households. What if one these kids grow up to be a good person? Who gets credit then? To answer that question, to answer the question, "Who Really Deserve The Credit, Of A Child Growing Into A Good Person?" First and foremost God, second I think majority of the credit goes to us. We ourselves deserve credit more than anybody else for the person we are, and I shouldn't have to explain why I'll just say, let it be the other way around, and we become a bad person, criminal, in and out of jail, nobody jumping up taking blame for that, that's all on you, your own fault, so why jump up and take credit for the good? Then it a toss us between the world as a whole and what you took from the ways of the world, experiences that you been through with people of the world and some the crazy things and situation this world put us in. and of course the parents, who as I believe gives you that starting point, them two things battle for that third spot. So next time somebody tells you to tell your parents they raised a good person, take time, a good amount of time to pat yourself on the back, to soak it in as a compliment to yourself and nobody else.


John G. Dunn II
jgdunn.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment