Professional

Professional

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Viewing Politics and The Idea of Voting.

Well it's not been too long since polls closed this year. Everybody has stress and stress the fact that everybody needs to vote, everybody has campaign hard for there respective politicians that they like or that they favor. Me, I couldn't tell you the name of not 1 guy that ran for Ohio, which means no I didn't vote. Call me what you want, say what you want about me, but I didn't vote, I never do, and I never will, well I take that back, I did vote for Obama last presidential election but that was only cause the girl I was talking to at the time threatening to stop talking to me if I didn't vote, not for Obama, just vote at all. Shame on me right???? Believe it or not, that's really how I look at politics and everything about, rather it be presidential, senate, congress, mayors all of it is a really big joke to me. Politicians are nothing but people like you and me, well I must take that back, politicians are nothing like you and me. These people are of a different nature the come from money for the most part and all they no is money, you will NEVER see a African American man in office, or a fully black man, the close you'll ever get is a half-breed like your current president. You'll never see a person who got a degree from a community college, or only have a 2yr or 4yr degree or that was born and raised in poverty. You'll never see a person put in any office that worked a typical 9-5, that may not even have any college background but had the drive, discipline and will to retire from there respective company. These are the real american, these are the people who know not only of the ups that goes on living as an American but also the downs, these are the people who had to go through adversity, who really can appreciate good when it comes there way. How can you represent or support somebody, and you never can relate or understand the lifestyle and problems that most Americans go through??? All you see put in to office is people just with ivy league educations and lots of money, and they will continue to do whatever in there power to get richer, not thinking much of nothing about the poor or middle class. Soon there will be no middle class if you ask me, economy is not getting better and the cost to live is getting more and more expensive. The poor has no hope, they keep reaching out for help, but the rich is only going to help the rich, the middle class can't help cause they have to struggle to keep the classification of "middle class". You know people say, "You have to vote, others fought for you to have the right to vote, out of respect you must vote." I believe that it's a shame that we had to fight to vote, and that's just a example of what the country is, and has always been, and the fact that America is so f'd up is a consequence of the fact we had to fight to earn the right to vote, and many other things. Many also say, " If you don't vote, you can't complain" Well, I'm pleased to tell you that I don't complain, I do the best I can with what I got, I play the cards I'm dealt, and do everything in my power to be of some kind of assistance to others. I'm not trying to be one them negative campaign ads, or voice they been talking about, never is it my attention to discourage or try to get people to stop voting, honestly I don't care. My mother, father and brother all vote every election and I have nothing against them for that, then again it is there right. All I'm saying is, don't chastise, try to be-little, or look at me with a look of disgust when you learn I don't vote, just as it is your right to vote, it's also my right not to, the way I respect you and the way you exercise that right, I ask for me, and anybody else who don't vote, I ask that we get the same respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment